Many do not realise England produces its very own wine! Well, this is an ideal opportunity to find out about the English wine industry by enjoying a tour of one of England's finest vineyards followed by a tasting session.
During the tour your experienced guide will explain the history of English wine, how vines are grown on a commercial scale, the methods used at the vineyard and the reasons for the choice of grapes grown. You will also learn about the processes behind the production of wines. To complete the experience you will taste a selection of the wines made at the vineyard.
Many vineyards have cafés or a restaurant where you can make the most of your experience and treat yourself to lunch. Programmes vary slightly depending on your chosen location. Please note that the Oxfordshire location includes a winery and brewery tour and tasting for two.
When can you go?
This experience is available on selected dates depending on location, generally between March to October (some venues are available throughout the year).
How long does this activity last?
Your time at the vineyard will be about 1 to 2 hours.
You need to know
To participate in this activity you must be at least 18 years old.
You will need to have general fitness as there is some walking involved.
No qualifications or experience are required for this activity.
This is for a voucher entitling the holder to any of the activities supplied by Activity Superstore up to the value stated.
You and how many others?
There'll be a maximum of 50 people in your group.
Family and friends
Unfortunately, this experience is not suitable for spectators.
- Midlands - Shropshire - Wroxeter
- North - North Yorkshire - York
- South East - Cambridgeshire - Linton
- South East - East Sussex - Hastings
- South East - Kent - Tenterden
- South East - Oxfordshire - Henley-on-Thames
- South East - Suffolk - Framlingham
- South West - Bristol - Redhill
- South West - Cornwall - Penzance
- South West - Devon - Topsham
- South West - Gloucestershire - Newent
- Wales - Shropshire - Churchstoke